Monday, May 3, 2010

Albaquirky, NM

Alrighty.

We just spent from Noon this morning until 10pm tonight in the car. It was okay, I usually like road trips. But Mom was worrying over EVERYTHING, and the cats were really nervous. We also ran into a pack (Hoard?Group?Flock?) of bee's and now have bee guts all over the cars. That was earlier, in Flagstaff. I'm taking pictures, but I can't upload them until I find the thingy that attaches the camera to the computer. But I will as soon as I can. :) Promise.

Anyways, I need to vent. Just a little.

I have spent the last two nights on the floor, with little to cover me, or separate me from the floor. It was less than comfy. But I delt. I also helped load the truck, and pack. And then we drove all day today. So I'm fine in the car, but then I get grumpy. And my cat doesn't want to come out of the car. And mom is worrying. A LOT. So, we get to the hotel, and the cat's being difficult, and I'm stuffing cats into the carriers, and packing up stray stuff... ect, ect. So I'm fretting about the cat as Dad trys shoving her out. They send The Biti and I up to the room. I walk in and am SO excited to FINALLY sleep on an actual bed again. And I round the corner, to see ONE bed, and a Hide-away. Okay, at least I'm not sleeping on the floor, right? So, i pull it sou, and it turns out it's a TWIN. That I have to share with a bed hog. My resolve broke. And it wasn't helping that I'm just trying to help my parents, and they are yelling at me. I know I'm supposed to Listen. I am listening. I'm also shooting off good ideas, and it's you who's not even bothering to listen to what I have to say. Or maybe even cast a spare thought my way. Because I understand why your stressed out, and why you don't want my ideas. but my ideas are good, and would it kill you to think about how stressed out I am or why I'm trying to help? I'm thinking about the cats, and the dog, and Biti, and me, and you guys.

When everyone else is freaking out, i'm fine. i'm the one who's got a sound head on my shoulders while everyone is panicing. And I have good ideas, but no one bothers to listen.

And I don't cry. It's not that I don't, its just that I don't Like crying. It kinda sucks. Everyone trying to console you, and treating you like a child. I HATE THAT. So, I've learned to cry less.

That's why it really freaked me out when I acctually cryed tonight. It was just all too much. Everyone yelling at me when I wanted to go het ice. I really just wanted to get away from the room with the tiny bed, and my family. I just wanted a casual moment alone to calm myself down. And I got yelled at. So I ended up crying, and being consoled.

I hate that.

Here's hoping tonight is restful, and tomorrow is better than today.

May Hermes bless our journey.

~Sav

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that someday my daughter grows up to be just like you.

Sav said...

Thank you. It would be awesome if Angie grew up to be a mini-me. <3 Send her my best kuckle-sammich, and lots and lots of hugs and kisses. Mwah~