Friday, April 2, 2010

Being stunned is such Sweet, Sugary Goodness

Hello again!

I wasn't planning on posting about this, but it shocked me into an awed state of happiness, so I suppose I must.

Since first quarter, this guy at my school has promised me a cake. I'm sure you know the type. Funny, popular guy who dates a lot, but is nice to every one? Yeah, well one of my friends and I became buddies with him. Not the kind that you talk to every day, but the kind that you say Hi to and joke around with every so often.

Anyways, back to the point. He purposely butchered my name, multiple times, just for fun, and wished me Happy Birthday every time someone with a similar name was announced. He promised me a cake on each of these occasions too.
Well, two months ago, my real birthday rolls around, and he wishes me Happy Birthday for real. And I remind him of his promise, and he says that he remembers.

Well, this entire week, he's been asking me questions about it:
  • "What kind of cake do you want?"
  • "It's going to have Sav across the middle."
Things of that nature. And I tell him that's fine, and that chocolate is best, but any flavor is fine. I also tell him that I would be fine with just a cupcake. Yesterday he told me: "Hey Sav, expect you cake tomorrow, Okay?" And I reply with a simple "Sure", not really expecting him to bring me a cake.

Today, I walked through the school gates, and one of my friends is waiting for me.
"He got you a cake!"
"What?! No way! I didn't think He's really get me a cake..."
So we rush into the main part of the school. Half way there, another friend of mine grabs my arm and tells me not to look. I am then dragged to the group of his friends, but he's missing.
"Hey Sav! He got you a cake!"

So, we glance around, and I decide, that he'll find me eventually. We go inside, and to their first hour. Lo and behold, there he is, trying to hide it under a desk. Our conversation went something like this:
"Hi Sav,"
"They told me. I can't believe you actually got me a cake!"
"Yeah. Here."
And then he pulls out a white, 1/2 sheet, yellow frosted cake. And simple hand it to me. "Happy Birthday."

This is where I proceed to walk around the room, carrying the cake completely baffled, and wondering what I'm going to do with a CAKE.

Turns out, sticking a note on it that says: This is SAV'S CAKE. Touch it and you will DIE. (I'm serious), and putting it on top of my teachers cabinets doesn't really work too well.

(Note: Sticky note like that has opposite of intended effect.)

Also: If you are carrying around a cake, expect to scream "NO! My cake, BACK OFF!" Really loud, very often. And, after ding this, watch out for angry people who want to knock the cake from your hands.

Later that day it was really cool, because for some reason, his girlfriend was okay with it. All she said was, "I hope I get a cake on my birthday too."

I spent all first hour smiling.

P.s.Upon closer inspection, the cake cost $28.99!

~Sav

No comments: