Monday, April 12, 2010

Apologies and Explinations

Yola. >.<
I am here to apologize, and explain.

I haven't posted in a while due to strep throat, and friends.

Last week, I missed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Tues. I went to the doctor, and she prescribed me 20 Penicillin, twice a day for ten days. She told me not to go to school Wed., because I was still contagious. So, School on Thursday right? Nope. Got a horribly itchy rash-type thing. The Mominator though it was an allergic reaction to the penicillin, because Daddyborg has a deadly allergy to the stuff. So, the next day, I'm back where I started, and was diagnosed with "Oh, that's just scarlet fever. No need to worry, it's a side effect of strep." Great! Mom had her change my prescription anyways. So, I'm now feeling much better, and mom seems to have caught it from me, and started taking the penicillin, now that I wasn't taking it.

Now you know why I wasn't at school. What you need to know is what I missed.

Now, since I'm Anonymous, I can't use their real names. (Sorry girls, this isn't going to be your 15 minutes of fame.) So in this little anecdote we have: Ali, Ley, Pearl, and Val.
Ali and Ley are in my close group of friends. This also includes Momo, but she doesn't appear in this. Val is a good friend of Ley, but we're not very close. And none of us really liked Pearl... But she latched onto Val and Ley like a leech. Now, I'm not rambling, it's important that you know this.

So, a few weeks ago, another girl heard a rumor that Val was, I belive the term used was 'talking crap about her'. This was untrue. I may not be very close to her, but I know enough about her to vow that she would never do something like that, unless they had done something to seriously offend her. So, this girl, with a few of her friends came and found her in between classes and punched her. Val was suspended for a few days, while the other girl got a longer punishment. (there was reason, she had hit her back in defense.) For a few days after my little group was mostly on Val's side. We all argued that she was wrongly accused, and shouldn't have been punished. Pearl, however was on the other girls side. We now believe this was because she has more friends than our little group contains. Ley felt strongly about this, being very close to Val, and was quite unhappy with Pearl. This continued for a few weeks, until things started to get uncomfortable.

Week before last, Pearl started spreading rumors about Ley, saying that she [Pearl] could take her in a fight. This got her into a lot of trouble. Ley almost went and punched her Monday at recess. I was able to convince her out of it, but was absent due to the above reasons the next day. That afternoon I get a series of text messages from Ali telling me very little. I later got the whole story. Turns out, Pearl slapped Ley before school, and Ley retaliated by pulling her hair. Ley didn't get in any trouble because she was able to talk to the front office. Note: I didn't know any of this until Friday, so I was worried sick.

Especially because she has family problems. The next day I learn that she ran away, and was forced to fear the worst. I had no way of contacting her because she had her phone, and all connections to the outside world, taken away when she got an F in Science. She was with Val for a period of time, but I never got to talk to her, even though it was being debated if she could stay with me. When I finally got the whole story from Ley on Friday, she says she went home with Val because she was tired of her parents. They grounded her until the end of the school year, extending her flunking punishment. She then went through a series of people to try and stay with her aunt, who ended up being in some far-off Arizona city. Eventually, that same night, she ended up back home again.

Now after resolving all of this, and squeezing as many people as I could for details, I came to wonder: How do I fit in with all this? I am often called the 'mom' type person. The one who takes care of everyone else. I make sure none of the jokes go to far, provide solid advice when necessary, pester friends until they tell me the problem and I can help... Things of that nature. And, I've noticed that I'm the only one who does this. I am the ring leader. I had a partner in crime, but she moved to a different school. I would have no problem in continuing this role, but I leave for Raleigh in 19 days. And I only have 13 left in school. So, my mind began working furiously. Do they really need me? If so, what will they do without me? I keep every one sane. What happens when I'm gone? Will they kill each other? I suppose it will go back to as it was before I met them. Jen will lead them just as she did before I showed up, and just as we did together. But where does this leave Ley? She is only friends with them because I dragged her into my group. She became fast friends with Jen, as everyone does, and soon with Ali, too. But who's going to help her? She's in a catch 22 with her family situation, an I am who she relies on. Well, Val and I. But I keep coming back to the same question: Where does this leave me?

I know they will miss me. Just as I will miss them. I guess I just hope everything will be okay...

And, in the meantime I'll just go back to leading my friends in Raleigh. :)
I'm sure they could use a little more trouble in their lives.

Bear Hugs & Smoochies ~♥
Sav

No comments: